Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Madonna's Best Lingerie-Inspired Looks

Madonna. One name. Many images. She's an artist know for continually reinventing herself and her look. But there is one thing that I've found to be a constant in Madonna's ever-evolving clothing repertoire - lingerie and lingerie-inspired looks.

Whether it's for an album cover, photo shoots, publicity appearance or concert costume, lingerie is always a part of what Madonna is doing. Here are just a few examples.

Madonna's cover shot for her "Like A Virgin" album released in 1984

 Madonna in her famous Jean Paul Gaultier gold bustier during her Blond Ambition tour in 1990

With Britney Spears & Christian Aguilera during their infamous 2003 VMA performance

Madonna in one of the promotional photos for her Hard Candy album, released in 2008

Madonna's cover photo for Vanity Fair magazine that same year

I have to say, even though I have never been a huge fan of her music (with the exception of "Justify My Love," one of my favorite sexy songs), I can appreciate her status as a style icon. And I love the fact that such a big part of that style is fine lingerie - Madonna is a woman who, decade after decade, appreciates lingerie as fashion pieces not just underwear.

I also like the fact that Madonna hasn't succumbed to the notion that sexy lingerie has to be put aside as you get older, that it's only for young women. Madonna celebrates her 53rd birthday today and, as far as I can tell, the lingerie isn't going anywhere.

Any woman who loves lingerie this much has a special place in my heart ;-) So happy birthday Madonna, here's to many  more lingerie-filled years ahead!

6 comments:

ronzo said...

I must say Madonna look's great for a women in her forty's. She look's better than most in there twenty's.

Anonymous said...

j aime ├ža

The Lingerie Diva said...

You mean in her 50s, ronzo, and yes, she looks amazing!

pammfrey said...

This is a womans woman!! I will soon be 53 and I feel just like a natural woman...and sexy too!!

pammfrey said...

She looks great!! truly puts sex in sexy!!

lorenzo a said...

Ronzo Madonna is in her fifteys and had three kids and she still looks great